Emergency Response Plan
Please read the following advice carefully – we want you to enjoy your big day safely.
The TRENT100 Stand Up Paddle Board Challenge Emergency Response Plan is an integral part of the rules and all competitors are deemed to have read it and understood its implications.
WHAT IS AN EMERGENCY?
For the purpose of this event an Emergency is defined as any incident:
- Resulting in serious injury or the loss of life of a TRENT100 participant or supporter or official;
- Requiring the rescue of a TRENT100 participant or supporter from a hazard on land or water
- Involving a search for a crew member missing and believed to be in danger
- Or occasion which the TRENT100 Duty Officer decides warrants the calling out of the Emergency Services
Who To Contact
In the event of any emergency, contact the TRENT100
TRENT100 Control - 0800 06 999 10
INFORMATION TO GIVE
In the event of an emergency be prepared to provide the following information.
- State IMMEDIATELY that the message is an Emergency
- Your name and status
- Number of Challenger
- Confirmation of crew name(s)
- Nature/time/location of the incident,
- Are supporters of the crew present at the scene?
- Which emergency services have already been informed?
- Your map reference by opening the OS Maps App and reading the “SK” number at the bottom of the screen
- In the event of an emergency resulting in serious injury or loss of life contact the Emergency Services immediately.
IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE SEVERITY OF AN INCIDENT, CALL 999 IMMEDIATELY.
In the event of retirement or emergency, call TRENT100 Control on 0800 06 999 10